This is an extensive reference book for a comprehensive array of conditions, disorders and diseases in soft-tissue cells. It presents classifications of various sarcomas and tumors – malignant and benign.
Below are the key functional features of this book. It helps you:
- Identify frequently encountered soft-tissue malignancies with a pattern-recognition approach.
- Compare specimens and categorize them accordingly with a helpful pattern-based visual index and lavish collection of full-color images and illustrations.
- Glance and go: chapters are organized by their histologic pattern (e.g. spindle cell tumors, epithelioid tumors, tumors with myxoid stroma) for speed and efficiency.
- Make an educated diagnosis thanks to practical applications of molecular techniques and newly developed diagnostic markers
- Access the fully searchable text and image bank online at www.expertconsult.com.
Included for you as the purchaser of this print edition of the book is the above-named user-friendly accompanying website which is an online interactive learning platform that presents a vast collection of Elsevier textbook titles with a wide variety of ancillary material.
The website features:
- Fully searchable text
- Integration links that will seamlessly connect you to additional and related content in other ExpertConsult titles
- An image library, with figures that can be easily downloaded into PowerPoint
- Supplementary material such as audio or video clips
If you are already a registered user at ExpertConsult, you can gain access to the online version of this book by going to the above-mentioned website and entering the unique PIN code provided in the scratch-off box on the inside front cover of this book.
If you are a first-time user, do the following:
- Click on Register Now at www.expertconsult.com
- Fill in your user information and click Continue
Activate your book
- Scratch off your Activation Code in the inside front cover of your book
- Enter it into the Enter Activation Code box
- Click Activate Now
- Click the title under My Titles
For technical assistance you can email: email@example.com, or call: 800-401-9962 inside the U.S. or 1-314-995-3200 outside the U.S.
This is one of the best books I have come across in pathology. It is comprehensive, detailed and well-written, and it is an outstanding contribution in the study of soft-tissue pathology. Using high-quality glossy paper stock, the publisher is has been able to expertly present microscopic images of tissues as well as actual photos of them in full color and detail. Let us all give our hearty congratulations to the editor and contributors named below.
Jason L. Hornick, MD, PhD is Director of Surgical Pathology and Director of the Immunochemistry Laboratory at Brigham and Women’s Hospital; and Associate Professor of Pathology at Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts.
Enrique de Alava, MD, PhD – University Hospital of Salamanca – Salamanca, Spain
Bernadette Liegl-Atzwanger, MD – Medical University of Graz – Graz, Austria
Thomas Brenn, MD, PhD – University of Edinburg – Edinburgh, Scotland
Cheryl M. Coffin, MD – Vanderbilt University – Nashville, Tennessee
Adrian Marino-Enriquez, MD – Harvard Medical School – Boston, Massachusetts
Briana C. Gleason, MD – Diagnostic Pathology Medical Group – Sacramento, California
Louis Guillou, MD – University of Lausanne – Lausanne, Switzerland
Pancras C.W. Hogendoorn, MD, PhD – University of Oxford – England, UK
Jason L. Hornick, MD, PhD – Harvard Medical School – Boston, Massachusetts
Licia Laurino, MD – General Hospital of Treviso – Treviso, Italy
Alexander J. Lazar, MD, PhD – The University of Texas – Houston, Texas
Alessandra F. Nascimiento, MD – Baptist Hospital of Miami – Miami, Florida
Marissa R. Nucci, MD – Brigham and Women’s Hospital – Boston, Massachusetts
Andre M. Oliveira, MD, PhD – Mayo Clinic – Rochester, Minnesota
J. Frans Graadt van Roggen, MB ChB, PhD – Diaconessenhuis Leiden – Leiden, Netherlands
Brian P. Rubin, MD, PhD – Cleveland Clinic – Cleveland, Ohio
Essia Saiji, MD – University of Lausanne – Lausanne, Switzerland
Angelo Pablo Dei Tos, MD – General Hospital of Treviso – Treviso, Italy