By Linda Lindner – NJ Biz
July 03, 2019 – New Jersey’s long-anticipated and awaited American Dream has finally announced that its grand opening day has been set for Friday, October 25, 2019.
The grand opening day will feature the launch of the property’s one-of-a-kind indoor, 16-acre Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park and DreamWorks Water Park, North America’s first indoor snow sports center, Big SNOW Ski and Snowboard Park; the Ice Rink – an NHL‐size skating and hockey facility; and Angry Birds 18‐hole Miniature Golf experience, along with many destination retail shops.
“We know that the community has been eagerly awaiting the launch of this incredible global destination,” said Don Ghermezian, president of American Dream. “We have a one‐of‐a‐kind property that will reshape the way people think about entertainment, theme parks and shopping and we are so excited to reveal our incredible Nickelodeon Theme Park, DreamWorks Water Park and Big SNOW Ski and Snowboard Park.”
Totaling approximately 3 million square feet, American Dream will house hundreds of diverse retail, dining, entertainment and fashion experiences which have been carefully integrated into an architecturally stunning guest experience including:
- The Coca‐Cola experience, featuring the Coca-Cola Social Lounge
- Merlin Entertainments’ Legoland Discovery Center and Sea Life Aquarium
- CMX Luxury Movie Theatre
- Munchies Food Hall
- Kidzania – world‐renowned role‐playing experience for kids
- American Dream Observation Wheel
- Performing Art Center, and
- Over 100 dining and specialty food offerings including over 20 full‐service restaurants,
- Coca‐Cola “Eats” Food Hall
- Kosher Food Hall
- Collections at American Dream – the ultimate luxury retail experience anchored by Saks Fifth Avenue, Barneys New York, Hermes, Tiffany & Co., Dolce Gabbana, Moncler, Watches of Switzerland, among a who’s who list of luxury and fashion retailers.
Over the coming weeks, American Dream will be providing further insights to the property, its attractions, tenants and the exciting plans and events surrounding the opening and beyond.