This large (11.5” x 8”), well-Illustrated book with 21 chapters on histology as revealed in cells, tissues, and organs is simply organized into three Parts, namely:
- 1. The Cell
- 2. Basic Tissue Types
- 3. Organ Systems
It contains three Appendices also:
- Introduction to microscopy
- Notes on staining techniques
- Glossary of terms
This is an ideal book for you to begin the discovery of histology and pathology. The full-color images with labels make it easy for you to gain information about numerous conditions and situations.
This book makes it fun for you to learn about various cells, tissues and organs in the human body; and better than looking through a microscope and then referring to printed pages for explanations. Eventually you will have to use the microscope, but why not learn from the get-go, and make better use of your valuable time?
The clear black-and-white, one color, and full-color images are of high quality, printed on semi-gloss coated paper for better representation. The detailed descriptive captions provided right next to the pictures are very helpful.
Among the ways you will benefit from this book are that you will:
- Gain a rich understanding of histology through simple, concise text and captions that are thoroughly updated with the most recent research and new discoveries
- Recognize the microscopic structure of normal human tissues and how it relates to function with the help of more than 900 high-quality images and illustrations
- Master how to apply histology in a clinical context through coverage of common clinical conditions in each chapter
To access the complete contents of this textbook online – which are fully searchable – and to use the other valuable features, simply visit the website indicated below, enter the Activation Code by scratching off the sticker on the inside front cover of this book, and follow the instructions online to activate your access.
If you are already registered, login at www.expertconsult.com, scratch off the Activation Code on the inside front cover of this book, enter it into the Add a Title box, click on Activate Now, and click the title under My Titles.
If you’re a first-time user, click on Register Now, fill in your user information and click Continue, then activate your book by entering your Activation Code into the Enter Activation Code box; then click on Activate Now, and click the title under My Titles.
An additional resource is available to purchasers of this book on www.ClinicalKey.com
Go to the inside back cover of this text, and you will find that ClinicalKey is designed to serve you well by providing you these important core components:
- Comprehensive Content – The most current, evidence-based answers available for every medical and surgical specialty.
- Trusted Answers – Content supplied by Elsevier, the world’s leading provider of health and science information.
- Unrivaled Speed to Answer – Faster, more relevant clinical answers, so you can spend less time searching and more time caring for patients.
This is an excellent book on histology for medical and biology students with clear text, detailed images and well-organized material, made possible with the efforts of three authors:
Barbara Young, BSc, Med Sci (Hons) PhD, MB BChir, MRCP, FRCPA is Director of Animal Pathology at Hunter Area Pathology Service in John Hunter Hospital, and Conjoint Associate Professor at the University of Newcastle in New castle, New South Wales, Australia.
Geraldine O’Dowd, BSc (Hons), MBChB (Hons), FRCPath is Consultant Diagnostic Pathologist at Lanarkshire NHS Board, and Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at the University of Glasgow in Glasgow, Scotland.
Phillip Woodford, MB BS, FRCPA is Senior Staff Specialist in Animal Pathology and Cytopathology at Hunter Area Pathology Service in John Hunter Hospital in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia.